Halo 3 is the next game from the Master Chief Collection coming to PC, and 343 Industries has revealed plans for its flight test.
Halo 3 will enter its flight test during the first half of June, and 343 Industries has provided a preliminary breakdown of what Halo Insiders can expect.
The goal of the first flight will be to test the distribution pipeline, updates to Challenges, and gather feedback (thanks, Neowin).
A list of all the content for the flights coming to the Microsoft Store and Steam based on the development specs are below. The studio notes there may be some changes between now and when testing kicks off.
- Customization: Updated customization will be available for Halo 3
- Forge: Forge will be available for players during this flight for Halo 3
- Theater: Theater will be available for use with Mouse & Keyboard for
- Challenges: The complete Challenge System, including the Challenge Hub screen, will be available for the first time in this flight
Flighting will support the following Campaign missions with options for all difficulty levels, single-player, and co-operative online play:
- Campaign Missions: Sierra 117, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant, and Halo.
- Social Games: 4v4, 8p FFA, 12p Infection, 8v8
- Competitive: H3 Team Hardcore (4v4), H3 Team Slayer (4v4) H3 Team Doubles (2v2)
- Halo 3 Multiplayer: Construct, Guardian, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, The Pit, Valhalla, Foundry, Standoff, Avalanche, Sandbox, and Heretic
Settings and Options Supported
- Settings – Controls: Configure Mouse & Keyboard and Configure Gamepad
- Settings – Video: Field-Of-View, Vehicle Field-Of-View, Gamma, Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, Resolution Scale, V-Sync, HUD Anchoring, Unified Medal Display, Framerate Limit, and Graphics Quality
- Settings – Audio: Game Volume including Menu Music Volume, Game Music Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume. Also, Voice Chat Channel, Push to Talk Voice Chat, and Multiplayer Game Sounds
- Settings – Gameplay: Crosshair Position, Show Invite Notifications, Enemy Player Name Color, Multiplayer Game Timer, and Credits
Settings – Network: Network and Relays
- Settings Accessibility: Subtitles, Change Language, Convert Text-To-Speech, and Convert Speech-To-Text
If you want in on the Halo 3 flights, you can register here.