Today, Railway Empire has set course for Nintendo Switch, arriving on the console in both digital and physical formats. The game was originally developed by Gaming Minds Studios, and has been re-engineered for Switch by Independent Arts Software.
The new release includes the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC. You’ll be able to get your hands on more – such as the Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC – as separate purchases from the Switch eShop at a later date.
It’s available as we speak on the Switch eShop for £35.99, or for ever-so-slightly less in physical form (and with delayed shipping) on Amazon. If you’re not clued up on this one and want to learn more, check out the feature list below:
– Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
– Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
– Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
– Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
– Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
– Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
– Includes the additional content: Mexico, The Great Lakes and Crossing the Andes
Does this sound like your cup of tea? Let us know if you’ll be giving the game a go with a comment below.