Missing that old-school Monty Python humour? Can’t get enough of breaking things? Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break is here, bringing its quirky madness to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now, Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break is the latest title in the RoA series – following on from Rock of Ages 2: Bigger and Boulder – mixing up competitive tower defense gameplay, with a ton of arcade action and a whole host of weird, utterly odd, humour. Priced at £24.99, the main aim of Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break is to make your own levels, but break everyone elses.
There are times when the strange really does need to come to the fore, and in the world as we know it, having a laugh is good for the soul, and so a purchase of Make & Break on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or even PC is probably a good way of helping ease all troubles. But why? Well, there’s nothing better in this world than getting the opportunity to make things how you see fit, and Rock of Ages 3 allows for that. But then, it also let’s you smash the hell out of what everyone else has created – and honestly, that sounds damn awesome.
Our full hands-on with Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break can be taken in right now, but should you plump on a purchase will be safe in the knowledge that one bizarre experience awaits as you get involved with a whole host of legendary characters and take in a super-deep narrative that holds a rather eclectic little adventure together.
Expect to make, share and destroy multiple creations as you first embark on a journey full of tower defense goodness, before than embracing the biggest of boulders to smash everything back down again. With game modes galore and hundreds of hours of fun promised, this is one title that is looking to appeal – whether you have previously played the other games or not.
- – Make & Break Worlds: Design and build your own levels in the easy-to-use editor and share your creations with players from all over the world for nearly limitless creative fun!
- – Competitive Tower Defense: Build defenses and race to destroy your opponents’ in up to 4-player online multiplayer, or head-to-head in 2-player split-screen action.
- – Boulder-Smashing Arcade Action: Crash your way through everything in your path as fast as you can in six distinct and arcadey game modes with over 20 zany boulders!
- – Absurdly Funny: Take a ride on the wild side with ACE Team’s hilarious story – everyone from Caesar and Moctezuma to Krampus and the Flying Spaghetti Monster make an appearance in an expansive campaign across history and beyond.
- – Game Modes Galore: Defend your base in the new Boulder Avalanche, perfect your rolling skills in the fragile Humpty-Dumpty Mode, race the clock in Time Trials, or create your own unique gameplay with the creator for hundreds of hours of fun!
Keep an eye out for that full review of ours soon, but in the meantime the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop or good old Steam will sort you out with a download. Let us know in the comments what you think of it all.
Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break is competitive tower defense and arcade action rolled up with ACE Team’s quirky, Monty Python-esque humor into one giant, creative game for the ages. Jump into the expansive, gut-busting story for an eclectic adventure featuring bizarre and irreverent takes on legendary characters, or for the first time, create and share your own levels to compete with friends and strangers online in a real-time mix of hectic tower defense and epic boulder-racing arcade action.